Saturday, February 18, 2012

Some Truths

I am claustrophobic.

I am waiting for myself to do something more creatively.  I'm not sure what this is.  It's nagging at me constantly.  Although, I'm anxious to understand what this is, I must try to find peace in now.  In today.

Being around plants makes me happy... really, really happy.

I badly want to learn to play the piano.

I love writing and although I've only been blogging for a few years, I have been writing since I was a child.    I really want to do something more with this.

I am a homebody and a night in with my family in comfy clothes makes me full.

I am still friends with the girls I went to junior high and high school with and knowing them so well and for so long makes them feel like family.  There is a lot to be said about comfort in friendships.  The peace in not trying to be friends, just being.   We are all different, but we are us.

I am in awe of my son.  His personality, his strength and determination.  I am often surprised that he did not come from my body...almost have to be reminded that at one time we did not know each other.  It's amazing how close and how much love you can have for someone that at one time was a stranger.

I love Africa.  I love the colors, textures, cultures.  I would love to spend some time there with my family.  Pushing pause on our life here for awhile and working with a community or children there.   Just the thought is fulfilling and exciting to me.  I think this should go on my bucket list.

I don't watch scary movies.  Anymore.  I used to all the time and then decided that getting scared when the sun goes down and thinking someone is outside going to kill me every night is a bit much for the ol' nervous system.

Although, we are outnumbered by pets at our house and it's a lot of upkeep and time, I still want some chickens.  :)


Truths. Feels good to let them out and share them.  Any truths you want to throw out there about yourself?

Have a great weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...