Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Madness of March

March scurried through our lives a little too fast for comfort.  We've been caught up in the March Madness of college basketball for most of the month.  I've personally been caught up in life madness this month that is making me question how I got to this complicated life and how to simplify it.
Finding the balance between work and home life has become daunting, once again.  Like it always becomes.    Our rushed lives have cornered me into frustration and the only thing that will change that is me.  I am my own worst enemy.  I pile on everything and work my hardest to make it just right.   It's gotta stop.  I wear myself down.  I get sick all the time and I can barely sleep 4 straight hours anymore.  As far as sleeping through the night, that's a miracle.  So, all of these feelings of being overwhelmed this month made me make some moves at work to take things off my plate.  I technically work part time hours so I can be home 2 days a week with G, but my work load is full time for sure.  Kind of what happens when you own a company.   I'm just going to have let some things go and change my perspective on what I expect from myself.  If things aren't ideal, that's just going to have to be okay.  GO.WITH.THE.FLOW. That for me, is harder said than done, but it sounds absolutely amazing!  It feels good to see the problem at least and I'm looking forward to living the changes that will occur in April.
On a lighter note,  KU is playing in the National Championship game tomorrow night!!!!  I can hardly believe we made it to this point!  We went to the Championship game in San Antonio when we won in 2008, but parenthood has us spending our celebrations here in Lawrence this time.  It's okay.  It's fun to be where the best party is at!  Check out the photos from downtown Lawrence.  50,000 people!!
This town loves their basketball!  Rock Chalk Jayhawks!





The 1912 Jayhawk.  My favorite one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...