Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reaching Goals

I'm excited to share this fundraising project in Malawi.  I was contacted a few weeks ago through my Etsy shop about a sale of some of my necklaces.  The necklaces are to be given as thank you gifts for donations made to a school construction project called The Beehive School in Malawi in Africa.  I was commissioned to make a quantity to send on its way and was so excited to do so.  I love stuff like this!  The cause, the giving....the making of jewelry for something bigger.  The exact reason I started Morning Sparrow jewelry.  The best part...the sale of these has allowed me to make my first Kiva loan through Morning Sparrow!  I was getting antsy that I hadn't been able to make a loan yet, so this is very exciting stuff to me and is inspiring me to get busy in these next few days and weeks and get some more pieces made for my Etsy shop.  Right now, all my jewelry is at Fashionista Exchange & Boutique in Overland Park, KS for holiday shoppers.  So, I have my work cut out for me to get busy and get some pieces back up on my Etsy shop to keep raising funds.
   
Check out the Beehive School project:  https://www.facebook.com/notes/beehive-school-project-mzuzu-malawi/beehive-school-malawi-holiday-newsletter-2011/10150472858886202

Morning Sparrow's first Kiva loan went to a group of women in Uganda that own a shoe store business.  These funds (combined with other lender's funds to reach the target loan amount) will assist this group in growing their business and paying for school fees for their children.  Here is info about their business and loan needs: http://www.kiva.org/lend/362924.  If you are interested in contributing to this loan, it just takes $25 to get started in lending.

It's refreshing to see my original goals of my jewelry designs come to life.  It's been almost a year since I started this and at times I was overwhelmed with all the other responsibilities & projects in my life , but now I see how much balancing it all means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...