Thursday, November 10, 2011

Birthday Sun


This early darkness greeting us is always a hard adjustment.  I want to ignore daylight savings time and not conform.  I want to wear my pajamas more often.  I think I will.  Just as the season's change, I will make this pajama season.  Today, instead of the gloom that's greeted us, the sun is shining this morning.  Today is going to be a great day.



 Today is Oliver Gadisa's birthday.  2 years old.  He is still asleep and I was going to sneak his present in his room so he would wake up to it, but creaking floor boards were giving me away so I aborted the mission.  His birthday is bittersweet for me.  I'm happy for him.  I'm happy for us, but across the ocean I can only wonder what the emotions are on this day.  He is growing so fast, they wouldn't even recognize him.  Happy Birthday to my favorite person that I've ever met!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...