Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting it together

So, I finally feel like I'm getting my new project underway. Morning Sparrow jewelry design now has a Facebook fan page. Please visit and "Like" if you can. You'll see the FB box to the right. After fighting with Facebook for about an hour I got it to show up on the blog. I feel like I'm an old, grandma when it comes to using Facebook...just never know how to do anything on there. Anyways, I'm just trying to get the word out because I've focused down on what I want to do with the profits...somewhat. All along, I knew I wanted to help fund something for a greater cause. With the profits from the jewelry sales I would like to donate towards micro finance loans for small business owners in under developed countries so that they can support their families and grow their own businesses. Additionally, I would like to zero in on Ethiopia and donate towards orphan care or child sponsorship as well. I haven't really chosen what organization to work with here, so any of you that have adopted from Ethiopia or have any knowledge about the orphan situation there, I would love to hear your suggestions if you know of any organizations you would recommend.
It feels good to have this sorted out. I've been trying to figure out what it is that I want to do now that I'm home with my son full time. Of course, I may always go back to work at any point, but it just feels weird for me to not be doing more than 1 job at a time. Although, so far...motherhood has been the most consuming, challenging and definitely rewarding.
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...