Saturday, August 13, 2011

Festival Festivities

Well, we survived. Kanrocksas came and went last weekend and it's taken me a full week to recover. It was nice for a change to experience this from the other side of the stage. I was pure rock fan all weekend long and I have to say, it was probably one of the best weekends of my life.
I saw my husband for a total of about 10 minutes on my birthday on Friday, but he was working 20 hour days for the few days leading up to the festival. It's been nice watching him decompress this week and take things slow. To slowly get out of bed instead of run to a meeting about this monster the second his feet hit the floor.
The festival was a true success. I have never been to a festival where the vibe was so peaceful and friendly. The heat was in the 100's and the scene could have been much more aggressive just based on that, but everyone was relaxed and mellow.
As I stood there in a sea of sweaty, exhausted, fellow concert goers I was never so proud of Josh and the people that make up our company. They sacrificed time with their families and a lot of their sanity to pull this thing off. It was the biggest challenge Mammoth (the company) has ever faced. It completely beat down every single person involved, but standing there in the middle of it I know everyone appreciated Kanrocksas and what it brought to KS last weekend.
We are in talks already on what the production will be like for next year and I will be working on the marketing of it in some aspect. I'm worried about how much time that will take up, but then I remember that I've been in this business for 14 years and when I tried to walk away from it and everything I built to raise my son, it just wouldn't leave me. So, we as our little family will figure out the balance of it all together. Till next year, Kanrocksas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...