Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Greeting Summer Solstice

Summertime is greeting me with some favorites that I wanted to share. Here is what I am loving right now.

-I love that the fridge is consistently stocked with iced tea and lemonade. Arnold Palmer, anyone?
-I love not wearing socks. Hell, for that matter...not wearing shoes. And best of all, I LUV the feel of bare feet on my wooden porch.
-I love long, flowing skirts.
-I love pistachio almond ice cream eaten out of a waffle cone, all while the sun goes down and me and my boy rock ourselves on the porch and a tired toddler sleeps and sleeps.
-I love picnics with friends.
-I am loving sweet corn on the cob, potato salad, pasta salad and all sorts of summer food.
-I am loving the smell of Off's mosquito coil. Burnt like incense and reminds me of so many other summers.
-I am loving seeing friends, family and babes arrive towels in hand and pool time tunes kickin'.
-I love the rolling in of the clouds, the flashes of lightening and the clash of thunder announcing a summer Kansas storm is a' comin.

I hope you are ready to enjoy bits and pieces that make up your summer memories. It goes by all too quickly and here's to welcoming it's arrival! Happy Summer Solstice!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...