Sunday, January 2, 2011

Replenishing sight



Ahhh...fruit. This image means we got out of the house today. Even if it was only to the grocery store, I was psyched! I don't know about you, but I am more than thrilled that the holidays are over. Don't get me wrong. I so enjoyed the last 2 weeks of lounging. Some days just skipping the whole idea of showering and getting dressed and finding out that after hours of TV watching on our couch that our couch in fact sucks. Big time. So, does hours of TV watching. I'm not a big fan of the TV (except for a few guilty pleasures that I'll save for another post).
So, with these lazy days of holiday break behind us it was time to stock up on some food. I had dinner the other night at a friend's house and it inspired me to put some time and thought back into our meals. I had gotten pretty burned out on the same dishes. Hopefully, this inspiration with food exploration will keep me busy. I need something to get me through January and February. I'm always struggling through these months. Kansas winter can be brutal, but we often also get surprises thrown in there such as the 60 + degree day last week, so really I shouldn't be complaining. However, on those cold, blustery days stuffing a baby, er... I mean toddler (trying to realize we are out of the baby phase) into a winter coat and then stuffing that bundled child into a car seat can be wearing. On both of us. So, begins our long winter hibernation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...